Thursday, January 6, 2011

Look what I made! Tomato Fabric Place Mats

This morning I set out to complete a sewing project that I have been wanting to do for weeks - placemats! I cut out 6 27x37 cm rectangles of the tomato fabric ($9/m) and the same of the red cotton backing material ($3/m). I couldn't believe how fast they were to make, less than 2 hours, and that is including photographing! If anyone is interested I could make up a tutorial, but they are so simple even the newest of sewers could manage.





 sewing sewing sewing

The finished product(s)!

Looking great on my kitchen table (Once my grandmother's)

Perfect size for the dinner plates



So there you have it! I can't wait to make more of these: so easy & affordable. I should make a new set every month!

2 comments:

  1. I love them! I need something like that on my table. The bright red is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zoe! I love them too, the fabric cost me a fortune but its so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete